Saturday, July 31, 2010

Dinner for Two

So see as I am no long employed I simply don't have the kind of money that I used to. Going out to dinner is something of the past. For now at least. But I had a hungry boyfriend, and nothing at my house so I decided that Chris and I should go to the store and figure something out. I left it up to him to decide what he wanted. He was the hungry one after all. So he found his way to the canned food isle. Now I can't cook, and I really dislike being in the kitchen but when I make up my mind to do something I do it. But Chris was staring at an entire section dedicated to Chef-Boyardee. Come on now, anyone can heat that up! But Chef-Boyardee is what he wanted so Chef is what he got. I grabbed a can of corn to go with it and a loaf of french bread that I buttered and sprinkled garlic on, threw in the oven and about 15 minutes later dinner was served. I did all of this while he frantically worked on his last project for his summer class. Two full bowls, a good portion of corn and one piece of bread later he's still working...

...but he's full. So I'm happy and you know what? I could learn how to cook. For him, I could do anything. And if it saves us from eating Chef-Boyardee I'm even more determined. Because this is my first time having it, and I definitely did not finish even a small bowl.

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up. Next time give me a call. I've got a few easy cheap recipes up my sleeve for those nights when Shehan is whining up a storm from hunger and my appetite couldn't have been any more nonexistent. Love you.

    ReplyDelete