Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Lent

So Ash Wednesday is tomorrow and I've been really thinking about what I should give up for Lent. But it dawned on me that giving up something for approximately 40 days wouldn't be a huge sacrifice for me. Other than my phone and Chris (two things I need) I am not attached to really anything. I'm not a big sweet fan, I don't drink a lot of sodas, I'm not on Facebook that often and so forth. Besides that, how would giving up any of those things help me on my spiritual journey? How will that lead me closer to Christ and allow me to gain an even deeper understanding of the love and sacrifice He made for me? So I've decided that this Lent I am going to commit myself to something more than meaningless sacrifices. There is something that every day I am short of, and that's time. With my schedule I find it difficult to find any time for myself and God. I say little prayers here and there but lets face it, my prayer life is pretty pathetic. So for Lent I am going to spend at least 30 minutes in the Adoration Chapel once a week. Every day I will read something from the Bible and I will make sure that every morning when I wake up I say hi to Jesus and thank Him for another day before I get out of bed. I need to give God more of my time. Perhaps I will think of a few more things before tomorrow morning, but I think it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment