Friday, February 26, 2010

Picture This

Picture this: You and me, years from now, cruising along some highway with the top down, stereo blasting, the wind whipping our hair. Whatever we want to do, we do it. No agenda, no schedule, nobody to worry about. We travel the country, buying silly t-shirts and sending postcards, stopping at tiny roadside cafes in search of the world's best pie. No hurry. No rush. We relax in the comfort of a lifetime of companionship. You and me...lovers, friends, partners on this road of life.

"My love,
As I was searching the store looking for the perfect card the title of this card stuck out at me. This was the card I needed to show you. That I picture us years down the road..."

Today marked my two year anniversary with Chris. The above is from the card he got me and the beginning of what he personally wrote. I've never felt so much love, and had such a hard time not crying from a single card. I keep reading it over and over again.

I don't know when it will happen. I don't know how long I will have to wait. But I know without a shadow of a doubt that one day I will be his wife. And with that knowledge I cannot help but smile and find peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment