Wednesday, April 14, 2010

$ $ $

So I absolutely love my truck. It's my baby. I've wanted a Nissan Frontier ever since I was a little girl and having it means so much to me. I got it a month after I turned 18 and still every time I see it I can't help but smile. It's beautiful. Getting my truck came with a price though. Because I had just barely turned 18 the dealership wouldn't approve me for a loan. My dad put it in his name, but he had less than perfect credit. So I have to pay $432 every month. Now, I was more than up for the job, and I haven't been a single day late for the last two years and few months. I also have never asked anyone for even the tinist bit of help. This is my truck. My responsibility. But lately I've been a little frustrated with this responsibilty. First and foremost, $432 added onto my already roughly combined $250 monthly bills tends to add up. I always have enough money of course, and I have money to spare but not enough to let's say, move out. There's no way I could afford an apartment payment and still pay my bills on time. But each time I ride the lightrail to and from school and pass all the apartment complexes my heart aches. I want to move out very badly. I need to move out. I share a bedroom with my 15 year old sister and let's face it, it's her room not mine. All I have is a corner of the room and half a closet. I seriously have no space and it drives me crazy. I'm going to be 21 this year and I can't just keep being here like this for much longer. Something just has to change.

I checked how much I've paid on my truck since I got it and I found out that I've paid over $4000 in interest. And if I keep on at this rate I won't be done paying it off until 2012. That's ridiculous! I need to do something about all of this.

I mean come on.

No comments:

Post a Comment