Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter 2010

Alleluia, Alleluia! Christ is risen! The good news is here! Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior conquered death. Our sins and transgressions are forgiven through his suffering, and today as we celebrate triumphantly Christ's resurrection we too must remember that we also rise with Christ. Let our dead hearts be resurrected. Let us shout from every roof top and atop every mountain that Christ is the risen Lord! As Fr. Greg said last night, we are an Easter people. Let us be filled with joy and walk toward the light of Christ each and every day. Amen.

Last night at the Easter Vigil, my darling boyfriend became a fully-initiated Roman Catholic. As I watched him get baptized, be confirmed with the Holy Spirit and receive his First Holy Communion I couldn't contain my joy. I didn't want Chris to become Catholic because I'm Catholic. I wanted this for Chris because the Roman Catholic Church is the church Christ Himself founded. It's the church that His disciples carried out. Peter was the first pope, and all popes since then have come through his lineage. I wanted this for Chris because this is the truth. But most importantly I wanted this for Chris because Chris wanted this for himself. As he received the Son of Man on his tongue for the first time and knelt down to pray beside me I saw tears streaming down his face. The magnitude of the events that night hit him and he rejoiced. My love is home. You're home baby.

All praise and thanksgiving to you my Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment