Thursday, September 30, 2010

Hope

I've never been materialistic. To be perfectly honest, I don't ask for much. Birthdays are not a big deal for me and Christmas is an opportunity for me to give, not receive. Whenever I get proposed to the tiniest diamond ring will do. If I never have a big house, a brand new car or expensive clothes I won't care. Things like that don't mean anything to me.

Love, for me, is the same way. I don't need someone to spend a lot of money on me. I don't need someone to take me places and do elaborate things. Once again, I don't need a fancy diamond ring. I don't need someone to make a lot of money and be financially successful. I can't be bought. No, what I need is a kiss goodnight, and a smile each morning. What I need is your hand in mine when we're walking down the street. What I need are those moments when I catch you staring at me. I need those kisses that make my whole body tremble and my heart catch fire. I need those times when you kiss me on the forehead and whisper that you love me. I need those moments when you call me beautiful. I need that look you give me when your eyes promise me the world.

Chris, you did two things today that took me by surprise. Number one, you grabbed for my hand unexpectedly when we were driving in the car. Number two, you slid in the booth beside me instead of taking a seat in front of me when we went out to eat. Two minor things that said so much to me. Two things that told me not only that you loved me, but also said you want me to stay.

I'm crying right now. But for the first time in such a long time it isn't because I'm sad.

1 comment:

  1. Just more reasons to love and be loved with you Steph-a-roo.

    Wow that is quite a nickname.

    I love spontaneous hand-holding. It creates little sparks of love that glow and then fizzle inside. It's rather enjoyable, I think.

    ReplyDelete