Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I'm running. No, I'm being chased. I use my height to my advantage. I've always been content being small. I can dodge things easier. Fit into spaces that others can't. I use all my speed and I'm getting away. Adrenaline pumps through my veins and my legs move faster. I yell at myself to not stop. I hear my heart beat and I run to its rhythm. I'm getting away. I'm going to escape. I did it. There's a bend in the path I'm running along. A corner I have to take and it's coming up fast. I'm almost there. I smile to myself knowingly. Even if my pursuer was right on my heels this turn I'm on the verge of taking would throw them. I'd gain critical seconds on them. My point guard speed and ankle-breaking agility would save me. Just like on the court the way I would cut through the paint and maneuver through the entire defense and lay in the ball without being touched. Life, after all, is just a game. A grin creeps onto my face as I round the corner. And then bam, lights out.

I should have known better.

No comments:

Post a Comment