Thursday, July 14, 2011

Inching Away

It's something I've been avoiding. I knew it would have to come to this. Although the moments we have together are short and far in-between there's still that desire. We're like two shadows moving in the dark afraid of the light that's come to expose us. So much is left unspoken. You whisper with your eyes, and the gentle touches of your hand when you reach out to me like you used to. The way you pull back makes me question if you forget, or if you just want to. Why did you go through so much trouble of getting me to be yours for it to end this way? I hate how you make feel inside yet do I ever really want this feeling to go away? No one told me being in love was supposed to hurt this much.

My mind is racing. We're approaching a month and I know how little time that really is to be over you. We were together for over 3 years. But who are we kidding? We were in love for at least 5. I fought you. But you never gave up. You wanted me. And now what? Was it some game? You get the prize and that's it? Because for too long I just felt like nothing.

I don't know what I want. I know that I can't have you. Not now. Not with the way things are. But in the mean time? I just want to stop hurting. Maybe, even, get over you. Take some advice from Travis Tritt and Lari White...

"I'm not much good at playing games
I'm just trying to keep from going under
There's no forever in his eyes
It's not the love that we once knew
Oh and it might be a sin but tonight I've got a friend
Helping me get over you

Helping me get over you
One kiss at a time
'Cause all the pain that we've been through
Still weighs so heavy on my mind
Getting pass the love we lost
That's a lonely bridge to cross
So I did what I had to do
I had to find somebody new
Who's helping me get over you"

No comments:

Post a Comment