Saturday, July 2, 2011

When I Get Better

It isn't new that I hurt. It isn't new that most days are unbearable. It isn't new that I fake most of my smiles and I compose myself probably too well. It isn't new that I'm unsure about everything. But I do know one thing and that is I will get better. I will be 100% and when I do there are just a few things that I want to do.

  • I want to go to El Paso and put flowers on both my grandfather's graves
  • I want to go to the Grand Canyon
  • I want to go camping
  • I want to go on a hike
  • I want to drive to the beach with my best friend
  • I want to play softball
  • I want to play basketball
  • I want my body back-where my muscles were defined and every part of me was toned.
  • I want to go back to school
  • I want a better job
  • I want to rely on my memory
  • I want to write without hurting
  • I want to go somewhere I've never been
  • I want to do something I've never done
  • I want to feel something I've never felt
  • I want to be loved the way I'm supposed to be loved.
  • I want to let go and find healing.
I just want to live. I desperately want to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment