Monday, March 14, 2011

Wants vs. Needs

I need very little. I need my boyfriend to love me. I need my sister and brother to know that I love them. I need my friends to know that I will do anything for them. I need my best friend to never go away. I need to be needed. I need a roof over my head. I need clean water to drink and wash with. I need enough food to survive. I need clothes to wear. I need a Catholic church. That's it, right? Nothing else comes to mind.

Now what do I want? Well, a lot of things.

I'm not materialistic. I can do with less. But right now I've never wanted so much in my life. I want my room the way I want it. I want things. I have this vision in my head and I'm crying because I can't get it out. I want to do things for me. I wish I could just not want. Because I feel unbelievably selfish. Technically I've bought not a single thing for my room. And I'll keep it that way for as long as I can. But ugh. I don't understand while all of a sudden I wish to make myself happy. To do something for my self. I don't need that. I really don't. I just want it.

I have no idea what to do with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment