Thursday, October 14, 2010

Family Portrait

Someone left a picture that my sister drew when she was younger by my computer desk on the floor. It was a birthday card for my uncle. She drew a picture of the entire family surrounded around a long table with my uncle in the middle blowing out the candles. The entire family was there. Aunts, uncles, cousins, grandma, parents, our brother, herself. Everyone but me.

How appropriate.

In recent years my family has gone on a lot of vacations. They went to the Grand Canyon, took trips to Payson dozens of times, went to Tombstone and Las Vegas. On Thanksgiving a couple years ago they went to Arkansas. They drove there and stopped at every state in between. All of theses trips didn't include me.

For as long as I live I don't think I will ever forget that I was the daughter left behind. My mom took Marisa, not me. Those trips? I was never even asked to go on. They just said they were going.

I don't understand what is so wrong with me.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing is wrong with sweety and you are not the Daughter left behind because God is your father and he Loves you more than anyone else in the world. I come in close second :P. Besides if it wasnt for those things then you wouldnt have the relaionship you have with Christ now. I love you Stephanie never forget that i am here for you.

    ReplyDelete